Bust Out Your Old Bras- Recycle Them All Month For Women In Need
I have a drawer full of bras from my long-lost svelte days and those from pregnancy and post babies. Why are they still sitting in my drawer five years later? I don’t expect to ever fit into those lacey bras again, and I’m pretty sure I’m not going to have another child. So, why let them take up precious space? I hold onto them because I hate the idea of throwing the bras out but I don’t know what to do with them….would anyone really want my old bras? Well, guess what! They do! Caribou Baby is hosting a bra donation drive during the month of August. Simply bring in your new and gently used bras to be given to The Bra Recyclers, a textile recycling company to be re-distributed through exporters and organizations to developing countries around the world. Through this program, they have created a network of Bra Recycling Ambassadors who assist them in providing deserving women and girls with used or unused bras as they transition back to self-sufficiency.
This is one of my favorite recycling efforts ever!
This donation runs through the entire month of August.
What You Need To Do Before You Donate:
1. Wash your bras.
2. Fill out the Bra Recycling Form<http://brarecycling.com/bra_recycle.shtml>online and print it out or fill one out in person at Caribou Baby.
3. Bring your bras and forms to Caribou Baby and drop them in the donation box.
- Bras should in good condition.
- Clasps and straps must be fully functional.
- If bras are new please keep the tags on the bras. Recipients of the bras appreciate knowing the bras they are receiving are new.
- They will take all sizes and styles of bras, especially nursing and maternity bras.